WHAT HAPPENS IF THERE IS A POSITIVE CASE OF COVID IN SCHOOL?
- If your child receives a positive test result immediately contact the school. This can be done by phone (01874 623326) on a school day or by e mail (email@example.com) at all times. The e mail address is monitored 7 days a week by Mrs Lawrence.
- If a test is returned on a weekend inform us immediately using the email address above so that we can put in place the measures we need to as soon as possible.
- When a positive test is confirmed, Mrs Lawrence immediately informs Powys County Council who in turn inform TTP (Test, Trace and Protect) and Public Health Wales. These bodies then work with the school to inform us of next steps.
- Parents of the contact group involved will be informed immediately via Schoop. Initially everyone in the contact group will be told to self- isolate.
- If you are told by TTP that your child must self-isolate this means you MUST keep your child at home. They MUST NOT come onto the school premises at all or go to other child care settings.
- If a positive case comes to light during the school day, you will be asked to collect your child immediately from school, if they are in the contact group. For this reason, contact details MUST be up to date.
- TTP will contact parents directly, via the telephone, to inform you if your child was a direct contact of the positive case.
- After all parents have been verbally contacted TTP will issue letters to Mrs Lawrence which will be emailed out confirming the situation for your child in the contact group. These letters may take up to 48 hours to receive from TTP.
- Only those in direct contact with a positive case need to self- isolate. This means that siblings or parents do not need to self-isolate. This aspect can seem confusing!
- If whilst self-isolating your child develops any symptoms you should immediately contact 119 to organise a test.
- Please also be aware, that the Health and Safety Executive can, at any point, check that we, as a school community, are doing all we can to remain Covid aware and safe.
We hope these points will clarify the process. Please note, these are correct at the time of writing them, but the situation remains fluid and as a school, we are constantly adapting to new guidelines and events!
Thank you for continuing to support us in keeping the children and adults in our school community safe.